Art 4 is designed for upper level Art students to design, experiment, and create their own projects.
- Students are responsible for 9 original works during the semester (3 per 6 weeks).
- Students are responsible for coming up with their own projects, ideas, materials, and processes they wish to explore.
- Each of the 9 projects must be in a different medium (mediums can not be repeated)
- All 9 projects are to be united by a single theme
- All work is documented on a website created by the student for the class
Below is an example of a complete project theme and corresponding artist statements (link to student website at the bottom of page)
Below is another Art 4 student's theme (Stages of Life) and work